Photoshop tricks & VCarve Pro/Aspire = photo v-carving...

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro

Re: Photoshop tricks & VCarve Pro/Aspire = photo v-carving..

Postby mezalick » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Thanks,,,,,,tired eyes,,I thought it said it was posted this past May 2017,,,,when it really says 2011.....Oh well......

~M
Michael Mezalick
https://carveddetails.com/catalog-book/
mm@mezalick.com
mezalick
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Postby sudo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Adrian wrote:I do half tone images with a VCarve toolpath and it doesn't peck like that.

Important thing is to make sure the vectors are clean. They may look like clean circles to the naked eye but, depending on how you generated them, they could have "jaggies" which massively increases the cutting time.

Other thing to check is what pass depth you have set for the tool. If it's a lot shallower than the depth of the holes then you will get a lot of "pecks".

Mind if I ask how you generate your halftone images? I used gimp and then the bit tracer in vcarve. Indeed, all the seemingly round holes are little polygons of one shape or another.

Thanks in advance!
sudo

Model of CNC Machine: CNC SHARK HD4

Postby Adrian » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:32 am

sudo wrote:Mind if I ask how you generate your halftone images? I used gimp and then the bit tracer in vcarve. Indeed, all the seemingly round holes are little polygons of one shape or another.

I use Jason Dorie's excellent half toner program to create a DXF which I import into VCarve (actually Aspire but the process is identical) - http://jasondorie.com/page_cnc.html
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Postby martin54 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:04 pm

You might also find some more info if you try a search on the forum, the software Adrian has posted a link to has been talked about on the forum in the past :lol: :lol:
martin54
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: Gerber System 48 (modified)

Previous

Return to VCarve - Tips and Tricks