Drawing Points for Pool Cues

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro

Drawing Points for Pool Cues

Postby ronald44181000 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:04 pm

I've tried drawing the Points found on Pool Cues. But can't find a way to draw them ware the Vectors would be Closed so that I can create Tool Paths. Does anyone have any idea as to how I might Proceed? I'm trying to project sai points onto a Rotary Background.
ronald44181000

Model of CNC Machine: 4 Azis CNC Router

Re: Drawing Points for Pool Cues

Postby rscrawford » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:45 pm

Are you trying to inlay a pool cue?

As far as drawing the vectors, you can draw them individually then use the join vector tool to make a single closed vector.

If you are inlaying the pool cues, I wouldn't do it as a rotary job (though I would do it on your rotary axis). I would rotate the axis to where you want, then cut your inlay pocket, rotate and repeat to get all the pockets cut. If you pocket with a rotary toolpath, you will have a hard time making the male inlay to fit the curved pocket.
Russell Crawford
http://www.cherryleaf-rustle.com
rscrawford
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Cobra 408 ATC with recoil

Re: Drawing Points for Pool Cues

Postby ronald44181000 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:01 pm

I took your advice and instead created a rectangular file using the radius of the Cue diameter and length. Wherein I created an Inlay Tool Path to be cut using my rotary axis. I'll give it a try and adjust it as necessary to increase or decrease the number of points on a particular cue which are usually 5 or 6. Thanks for Helping with that issue. I've been using VCarve Pro since V3.5 and it's true that you do learn something new everyday and obviously going from 3 to 4 axis is going to take some getting use to.
ronald44181000

Model of CNC Machine: 4 Azis CNC Router

Return to VCarve - Tips and Tricks