Sharp Corners.. Success!

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
DanielBEE
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: n/a

Sharp Corners.. Success!

Post by DanielBEE »

Nothing fancy here,

I didn't want to redraw the panels I was working on weeks ago, but I did a new project that I needed the sharp corners, and I was able to get it to work, so I wanted to show them off so Neville can see that he didn't waste his time talking to me ;-)

Basically the first time I tried it, just a single line with the Profile tool and my Vgroove bit, it gave me sharp inside corners, and round outside corners. So I tried it like Neville suggested.. draw two lines and use the VGroove/Engraving tool. That gave me Sharp outside and round inside.. So almost giving up I accidently tried going back to the profile toolpath and selecting Sharp corners.. and then checked Sharp 3d inside corners also. Which left my sharp inside corners alone and added sharp outside corners? Maybe its the order I selected my lines..

Anyways, I got it to work, take a look.

Thanks Neville!

PS after all was said and done.. and I got the Vgrooves looking right, I ran my pockets out and realized the inside corners didn't matter because I was removing them anyways.. d'oh.

So I guess the Vgoove engraving method would have worked for me since I didn't need the inside corners Sharp, but atleast now I know how for the future.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Aspire 2.0
Biesse Rover A 3.30
Biessworks
PC/Mac Draft
AutoCad
AutoDesk Inventor
Trumpf