Wood surf board

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
moto633
Vectric Wizard

Wood surf board

Post by moto633 »

Here is my latest....

The core and side rails were toolpathed and cut 2d style and then fine tuned by hand and sanders for a good fit. The top and bottom skins are .25 select maple ply and cherry ply for the center stripe. The rails were made from a 12/4 x 6 x 96 chunk of Bass wood planed joined resawn and glued to make a piece wide enough for the curves.
I did alot of offsetting vectors to make the core and rails. The fins were made from a chunk of 1inx 10in cherry modeled in aspire with a simple two rail sweep and then milled on both sides leaving a thin layer to keep them in the block. Two sided cutting happened even with out tabs!! I finished cutting them out on the bandsaw and sanded with an orbital. It then got about 4 coats of gloss lacquer for the finish. I will install the fins and deliver tomorrow.I hope they want me to make a few more!!

Thanks for looking,
Nick
Attachments
P1000945.JPG
P1000960.JPG
P1000961.JPG
P1000963.JPG

glenn
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: home brew 40x20

Re: Wood surf board

Post by glenn »

Hi moto633,
Great lookin' board!
Like Rcnewcomb says: if you hang ten out, be sure to hang ten in! :D :lol:

Aspire makes the contour on the fin really nice.
Glenn

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Re: Wood surf board

Post by gravirozo »

hi
it really nice project... before years ago i tried to make 3d stuff.... but without these programs just so hard... even a simple leaf takes your time, and the result is....

with other programs i just did not realised how difficult way itry to make stuff sometime... hours job before already takes only minutes :-)