US Navy Seal

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
swaggs21
Vectric Craftsman

US Navy Seal

Post by swaggs21 »

Here is a collaborative project between myself and 3DModelClub.com. Greg did the center model, while I did the rest. Hope you all enjoy, and definitely would like some feedback. Modeled and designed in Aspire 1.0

-Chris

The new woodworking site:
http://www.33degreeseastww.com

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Re: US Navy Seal

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

Great video Chris. :)

PaulCNCMann
Vectric Craftsman

Post by PaulCNCMann »

Nice work Chris, and a good video. It's also nice to put a face to your name.

Paul
Thanks
Paul Mannhardt

swaggs21
Vectric Craftsman

Post by swaggs21 »

Thanks to both of you :D

Hopefully we can do more together in the future, and as far as my face, I am sure it is on you would like to forget. :p
-Chris

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

Chris

Great job on the seal and the video

Rick

rj_packwin
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rj_packwin »

Chris,

Any chance I could get a copy of your code for the Navy Seal. My son is stationed in Japan (going on three years) and he is assigned to Harper's Ferry LSD-49. I would love to make him a plaque with your design and personalize to his ship.

Thanks in advance if you can accommodate.

Ray

swaggs21
Vectric Craftsman

Post by swaggs21 »

rj_packwin wrote:Chris,

Any chance I could get a copy of your code for the Navy Seal. My son is stationed in Japan (going on three years) and he is assigned to Harper's Ferry LSD-49. I would love to make him a plaque with your design and personalize to his ship.

Thanks in advance if you can accommodate.

Ray

I can give you the rope, the dish, and the text, but the model in the middle is not mine to give away, it was done by 3DModelClub.com, and I am not at liberty to give it away. I can give you a crv3d file with everything but that though.
-Chris

rj_packwin
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rj_packwin »

Chris,

I would appreciate whatever you can give me as a starter .... I have Aspire so possibly I can build the rest or possibly by the Navy seal from one of the 3D model sites.

Ray

jseiler
Vectric Craftsman

Post by jseiler »

I have the carve3d version that's pretty nice. it cuts pretty reasonably with a 30 degree flat point and I think it would be pretty cool to add in the rope and text. Can you send to digitalcarvings at gmail.com? I'm cutting an oak version without the text as we speak without the rope and text 11 inches in diameter or so.

thanks,
john

rj_packwin
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rj_packwin »

Chris,

I down loaded the file you sent me .... I modified the text with my son's name and changed the name of the ship. From the Vector Art 3D website I purchased the Navy Seal (all 3 versions). No matter what version I import into the model I am having difficulty with getting the 3D model to sit flush with the plaque surface. At one point I was able to get most of the model flush, however, in each of the four corners at the out most locations (tips) there was a raised corner.

The 3d model is round, but the whole image is set into a square background. Is there a way to remove the outer square from the model?

Any help you or anyone else can give me would be great.

Thanks,

Ray :roll:

jseiler
Vectric Craftsman

Post by jseiler »

Draw a circle around the whol.e thing and there's a button in the 3d section to remove parts of the model outside the boundary. You'll need to copy the model into the working area otherwise you'll get an error.

John

swaggs21
Vectric Craftsman

Post by swaggs21 »

rj_packwin wrote:Chris,

I down loaded the file you sent me .... I modified the text with my son's name and changed the name of the ship. From the Vector Art 3D website I purchased the Navy Seal (all 3 versions). No matter what version I import into the model I am having difficulty with getting the 3D model to sit flush with the plaque surface. At one point I was able to get most of the model flush, however, in each of the four corners at the out most locations (tips) there was a raised corner.

The 3d model is round, but the whole image is set into a square background. Is there a way to remove the outer square from the model?
Ray,

You need to manage the components. Group the rope and dish together and then set the mode to add. I will post something more thorough if you need more instruction.
-Chris

rj_packwin
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rj_packwin »

Chris,

Thanks for the tip .... I will give it a try this weekend. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance until then.

I will let you know if I get it to work .... of course if I don't I will be back pleading for help.

Ray