First attempt at a scene

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
dman
Vectric Craftsman

First attempt at a scene

Post by dman »

First scene I have attempted with Aspire. Everything made with Aspire except the Elk ( I did this some time ago in Blender). I still need to sculpt the trees in a little to flow into the ground but overall not bad for the first go. Now if I could just cut this.....My order will be in soon!
Damian
Attachments
Scene1.jpg

hippy

Re: First attempt at a scene

Post by hippy »

I have Blender as well. I like it and was wondering if Blender is easier than Aspire for you?
I wish not to have to learn another software if at all posible, but Aspire looks to be the cats meow.
How would you compare the two?

Greasetattoo
Vectric Wizard

Post by Greasetattoo »

SWEET...
I think you need some mountains in the background..
Other then that, GREAT job!

GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Post by GripUs »

Hi hippy,
I just thought I would toss in my two cents. I have, over the last couple of years, tried the free downloads and trial versions of just about every 3D modeling software out there. For some reason the learning curves were, for me at least, almost vertical. Granted, I have had the other Vectric software packages for a couple of years now, but Aspire is so intuitive and user friendly I have been able to accomplish things in it the first couple of weeks that I could never have done in anything else I have tried.

If you already have an understanding of 3D modeling, which apparently you do, you would be able to fly with Aspire and your learning curve would be almost flat. In the unlikely instance where you had a problem, I know of no other software package where you can get a response from the company owners in a matter of hours...and in some cases minutes.

Just thought I wold toss that in.

Regards,

Joe
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/

dman
Vectric Craftsman

Post by dman »

Hippy,

I, like Joe, have tried many of the free/low cost modeling programs. They are all good but for what I want to do - Aspire wins hands down. I agree with Joe 100% on the learning curve with Aspire. The above elk took me forever to do in Blender. Granted, I was a newbie at Blender and took on what I thought was a rather advanced model. I think I could make the same model in Aspire in one evening right now and I've only had the demo a week or so. I think if I started this same model in Blender today I would still be days to complete. If you already have an understanding of the process Aspire will be a breeze for sure.

Add to this the Vectic support/service and it becomes an even easier call. These guys are first class. I've had PhotoVcarve and Vcarve Pro for several years (had Vcarve when it was just a wizard). I've watched the advancements they have done over the years. How they actually listen to what we would like to see in the software and deliver. It's amazing. A company that listens to it's customers. You don't see that too often anymore.

Damian

PS - Grease, I agree on the mountains. I just need to make some and place them in. I was thinking maybe a waterfall off the mountains and carry a stream through the model. I just need to play around a little more. It's so addicting. :D

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

Don't you hate when someone leads a thread completely off topic :roll: , but I have an inkling that we're going to see more companies listening to their customers as the recession bites into 2009. Just m2c. :|