Cutting 3d for 1st time

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
joecnc2006
Vectric Wizard

Cutting 3d for 1st time

Post by joecnc2006 »

Here is one i did yesterday, but took 5:58:55 to cut, way to long.

as you see in video the travel is 100ipm when it machines the outside, but for some reason it is very slow 11 to 15ipm when it does the 3d, I have the tool at 100ipm, and plunge rate at 60ipm, so i do not know why this happen, estimated was suppose to be under 2 hrs.
tool.jpg
work piece 8"x8"
work piece.jpg
deer.jpg

Joe
Last edited by joecnc2006 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khalid
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Cutting 3d for 1st time

Post by Khalid »

Joe.. Usually 3D work takes longer to complete.. One of the reason is the time consume in rapid acceleration/decceleration of machine.. You can't get 100IPM straight...

However, 11 ~15 IPM is very less u getting... and the time it took is also very high side.. IMHO, if you set 100IPM and I assume your accelearation at Mach3 set at 30, then you must have to get the 50IPM to cut this part...I don't know why it took tooo long...

In doing 3D work turn on CV mode (I hope u did so).. This make the part much faster to machine..

Regards

joecnc2006
Vectric Wizard

Post by joecnc2006 »

Khalid wrote:Joe.. Usually 3D work takes longer to complete.. One of the reason is the time consume in rapid acceleration/decceleration of machine.. You can't get 100IPM straight...

However, 11 ~15 IPM is very less u getting... and the time it took is also very high side.. IMHO, if you set 100IPM and I assume your accelearation at Mach3 set at 30, then you must have to get the 50IPM to cut this part...I don't know why it took tooo long...

In doing 3D work turn on CV mode (I hope u did so).. This make the part much faster to machine..

Regards
yea i found out my accel. was 5 so no wonder it was so slow. I will try it at 50

thanks,

Joe

Khalid
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Khalid »

50 acceleration value may be too much for ur machine... I forsee high inertial forces and vibration at these values.. I will advise u to first dry run the machine to check the behavior..
Also high acceleration may (may be not)cause loose steps...so if u increase acceleration then decrease velocity a little bit..
Thanks

DavidCousins
Vectric Wizard

Post by DavidCousins »

Khalid,
Good point. I run my accel at 50 but I do slow down the velocity somewhere around 50 ipm. An 1/8 inch bit will flex at higher velocities.
Dave