My first try on scenery

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
bbergami
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

My first try on scenery

Post by bbergami »

Here's my first shot at doing some scenery. I took a while but I learned a lot about using the program.

Bert
Attachments
mountain scene 1.jpg

JDJones
Vectric Craftsman

Re: My first try on scenery

Post by JDJones »

Looks great! Post a pic after you cut it?
James D. Jones

gcioffi
Vectric Apprentice

Post by gcioffi »

oh very good

:D

mark296
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mark296 »

Very nice. I like the mountians.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Bert that looks very good. I find the bottom of the tree stumps is always tricky to deal with , I normally either cover them with a clump of grass or sculpt them into the back ground a bit. Overall though the assembly looks great. The fade and tilt can be very useful when doing this type of layout too to help get the parts overlaying nicely. Cheers,
James

bbergami
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Post by bbergami »

Thanks for the comments. I was getting tired at the point I posted the picture, but I will work on some of those items a little more. I just discovered that the fade will actually bend part of an object towards the background. I doesn't seem like the tilt works the same. It tilts the whole object. Is there a way to use the fade more than once on each component where it will bend it in 2 directions ?
Bert

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Hi Bert, Tilt is good when you want to raise an end up. Fade as you say will reduce the depth at one end (in a linear fade). You can only apply one fade per component. In theory (I have not actually tried this) you could copy the faded component into your working model, make a new component from it (which is already faded in one direction) and apply a new fade to it. Hopefully that is helpful and not confusing.

I think the model as you made it looks excellent, the suggestions with fade and tilt were just things I find useful for this type of work so thought I would share them
Regards,
James