Various Aspire Jobs

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Various Aspire Jobs

Post by JamesB »

During beta testing and preparation for the documentation I created a variety of parts using the Aspire software (and its earlier incarnations). Below is a selection of these. I will indicate in the blurb with each image if it was modelled exclusively in the software or using VA3D clipart too. More to follow below.

Cheers,
James
Attachments
All except the leaf modelled in Aspire. This is a variation on the house sign model and uses some pieces from another wood flourish I created to make the outside decoration.
All except the leaf modelled in Aspire. This is a variation on the house sign model and uses some pieces from another wood flourish I created to make the outside decoration.
A simple wood flourish modelled in Aspire from a scanned image, by sketching vectors over it and using the modelling tools to build up the component shapes.
A simple wood flourish modelled in Aspire from a scanned image, by sketching vectors over it and using the modelling tools to build up the component shapes.
All Vector Art 3D clipart pieces assembled in Aspire and then manipulated to create the effect of the full mountain range and forest.
All Vector Art 3D clipart pieces assembled in Aspire and then manipulated to create the effect of the full mountain range and forest.
Another part created with pieces from Vector Art 3D. Using Aspire the deer could easily be replaced with other animals in the same scene.
Another part created with pieces from Vector Art 3D. Using Aspire the deer could easily be replaced with other animals in the same scene.
Example showing how using the eagles head and house sign you can create a new design - note new sign has a texture in the background from a photo of tree bark.
Example showing how using the eagles head and house sign you can create a new design - note new sign has a texture in the background from a photo of tree bark.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Re: Various Aspire Jobs

Post by JamesB »

Here are some more pieces created with Aspire.
Attachments
Created using multiple copies of the C-Scroll training example which is built from scratch in the software.
Created using multiple copies of the C-Scroll training example which is built from scratch in the software.
An early project which started a a photo and was built completely within Aspire.
An early project which started a a photo and was built completely within Aspire.
Started with Vector Art 2D vectors which were modified and then used to model the pieces before being sculpted to finish it off. Again all done in Aspire.
Started with Vector Art 2D vectors which were modified and then used to model the pieces before being sculpted to finish it off. Again all done in Aspire.
Classic Linenfold - drawn and modelled completely within Aspire.
Classic Linenfold - drawn and modelled completely within Aspire.
A job I just finished today - contract model for one of my customers. Completely drawn and modelled using Aspire.
A job I just finished today - contract model for one of my customers. Completely drawn and modelled using Aspire.

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

...and a few more models to finish off...
Attachments
A sign created using a combination of VA3D clipart pieces and modelling in Aspire.
A sign created using a combination of VA3D clipart pieces and modelling in Aspire.
Variation on the first sign - showing how you can easily modify pieces to make new versions to offer your customer (or make edits based on their feedback).
Variation on the first sign - showing how you can easily modify pieces to make new versions to offer your customer (or make edits based on their feedback).
Combination of wheat stalks modelled in Aspire and a Ribbon from Vector Art 3D.
Combination of wheat stalks modelled in Aspire and a Ribbon from Vector Art 3D.
Variation on the shell flourish training example which comes with the software. I used the components from this design to create the border on the house sign in the first post in this thread.
Variation on the shell flourish training example which comes with the software. I used the components from this design to create the border on the house sign in the first post in this thread.
Last edited by JamesB on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

James when you save a component to be used later, do you have to transfer it to the working model and then save?
If I had more then one component made up and I wanted to save it to be placed in a larger model do I place the three components into the working model and then save or can i just save the component as I go.

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Phoenix???....whats that? :D :wink:

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

There are a couple of ways to "re-use" components. Probably the easiest is to open the file you want to take the Components from, select the ones you want, copy them to the clipboard (right mouse click - Copy). Then go to a new session or the session you want to put them into and hit Paste. These will be copied into your Component list and retain their individual status - it even retains sub-components within pasted groups.

If you Import a 3D model from an existing Aspire file (*.crv3d) then it will import essentially what was visible at the time the file was saved (basically what you could see in the 3D View at the point you hit save). I believe this includes whatever is in the Working Model as well as visible component. So there is no need to copy it into the working model as long as what you want is visible in the file. Bringing parts in like this would not retain individual components though as the file would just come in as one new whole component. So my preference is copy and paste from one session to another where possible. Either way works though.

Hope this answers your questions?
Cheers,
James

PS - Phoenix is a city in Arizona :)

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

It does...Thank You.

Nice Models!!......as always :)

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

JamesB wrote: PS - Phoenix is a city in Arizona :)
Thats right...how silly of me to forget that :wink: :)

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

CRFultz wrote:
JamesB wrote: PS - Phoenix is a city in Arizona :)
Thats right...how silly of me to forget that :wink: :)

LOL!! :P
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination

bill1

Post by bill1 »

James,
Excellent work as usual, very nice.

Khalid
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Khalid »

Outstanding James;)

gcioffi
Vectric Apprentice

Post by gcioffi »

FANTASTICO :D

wait demo for test prodoct

yesterday have buy software 5-10 day delivered to me

I wanted to know if you tried to take photo in 3D?

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

James, those are really some VERY nice work. I especially like the gator. :D I think a huge advantage of Aspire won't be just the creation of 2.5D reliefs (Which is fantastic), but the ability to use different sets of your models and merge them as required to create combined pieces. With the great value of your models, and the new abilities in Aspire, I think we're all going to have LOTS OF FUM! (No not 'fun....'fum'....its fun's more fun sister!) :D

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

Thkoutsidthebox wrote:I think we're all going to have LOTS OF FUM! (No not 'fun....'fum'....its fun's more fun sister!) :D
Man....sometimes I wonder about you. :P

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination

moto633
Vectric Wizard

Post by moto633 »

I love twisted humor.....thanks Think can I us that one???? :lol:

Nick