first ever job

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
MTLCHSR
Model of CNC Machine: Vertigo, Meistergram and Gravograph IS40

first ever job

Post by MTLCHSR »

This is my first use of the Vectric software. As well as the router (Vertigo M2) for that matter. Had never done a job prior... and customer wanted this done to finish off the bike. - no pressure ! :wink: Custom made chopper bike housing. T6 Aircraft ali. Just drew the part in Aspire. Followed the chart with the tool and path settings... watched the preview... looked good. Set the home and surface and away we went. (Well... I had watched a lot of the tutorials before hand so I did know a wee bit of what to expect)
Attachments
20190624_100948.jpg

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: first ever job

Post by gkas »

Nice job. It definitely set off the case quite well.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

CONGRATS!!! :)
Hope the word gets around!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

MTLCHSR wrote:This is my first use of the Vectric software. As well as the router (Vertigo M2) for that matter. Had never done a job prior... and customer wanted this done to finish off the bike. - no pressure ! :wink: Custom made chopper bike housing. T6 Aircraft ali. Just drew the part in Aspire. Followed the chart with the tool and path settings... watched the preview... looked good. Set the home and surface and away we went. (Well... I had watched a lot of the tutorials before hand so I did know a wee bit of what to expect)

Very nice indeed. What tool did you use? ali = aluminum?

I remember many years ago (around 2002 timeframe) I really wanted to get into CNC. But the lack of support and videos really turned me off at that time. Of course I was a musician and got into building my recording studio instead. But my point is that unlike today, there wasn't much for support back then, unless you were a big business with a big budget... lol.