PVC Clubhouse Sign

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

PVC Clubhouse Sign

Post by CarveOne »

I have not used PVC fascia board for an outdoor sign before, and thought I would try it when a local club I belong to asked me to make a sign for one of their two buildings. It has a nice looking textured surface on one side. This is an experiment to see how it cut with the CNC machine and is 9.5" by 72". The 24" long piece that is left over from an 8 foot board will be used to make a new address sign for the roadside fence at my home at some future date. It cut very well, with some static cling, but otherwise it cleaned up easily enough.

I have no idea how well this material will look long term, but they are happy to be getting it installed later this week.

The latex paint is custom mixed medium blue for both the exterior primer and exterior paint. Only the 0.15" deep text pockets have been painted. They will get a new sign if this one does not hold up, or starts being a maintenance problem.

CarveOne
Attachments
Sammy Shearin Sign.jpg
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Re: PVC Clubhouse Sign

Post by Phil »

I have made many PVC signs, they hold up very well. One is an outdoor sign that lists sandwiches available at a small restaurant. It is displayed roadside on a busy road. It has been hit a few times by large snowplows. The board that the signs are mounted on has been destroyed and replaced more than once but the PVC signs still look great. They are washable.

Phil

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard

Post by CarveOne »

Thanks for the info Phil. This will be mounted on an outside wall of a concrete block building that has an 18" or more overhang. Hopefully, it won't see any amount of abuse.

CarveOne
CarveOne

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Post by Savannahdan »

I was going to do a sign for a medical office complex using PVC but they had some leadership change and the job wasn't done. Glad to see it cuts so nicely and you can add the paint for that extra "POP."

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard

Post by CarveOne »

Today I installed the PVC sign on the old club house building.

This building is only used for concealed carry permit training classes and for board meetings for the officers of the club. There is a larger metal building that is used for club meetings and other gatherings that are too large for the older building. If the original wooden sign is cleaned up and refurbished we will probably move it over to the right, centered on my new sign's location. Maybe the original sign will be moved closer to the new building.

CarveOne
Attachments
20181120_144153.jpg
20181120_144208.jpg
CarveOne