Stagecoach

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Stagecoach

Post by garylmast »

At the far North end of Phoenix, Arizona is a town called Cave Creek. It has no traffic light and one 4-way stop sign. As you first enter the town, you'll see a bunch of metal sculptures of horses, cows, cowboys, Indians and even some dinosaurs. It seems most of the town businesses had some type of these sculptures displayed in front of their properties. When I came up to the stop sign, in a vacant field was a life size display of a stagecoach, cowboys and Indians. I decided that would be a cool project for the cnc machine.

The cowboy was modeled in ZBrush and 3-D printed. The wood was maple for the horses, pine for the wheels and frame and Sapele for the coach. I used Rhino and Aspire for the modeling.

Gary
Attachments
Stage Coach 2.jpg
Stagecoach 0962.jpg
Stagecoach 0963.jpg

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Re: Stagecoach

Post by Savannahdan »

Very, very nice. Reminds me of a visit at the Booth Western Art Museum in Cartersville, GA. It's one of those places that you need a few days to see everything. 80k square feet of artwork. Thank you for sharing.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

A LOT of work....And WELL done Gary!! :)
Congrats!
scott
Oh....Any build pics of the coach?
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Not impressed, its only half a job, where are the guys holding it up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant work Gary, as Scott says a LOT of work in that with the modeling & finishing :lol: :lol: :lol:

scovell
Model of CNC Machine: Shark CNC

Post by scovell »

Remarkable project and skills. Very nice!