Easter 3D Art

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
TimSchubach
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD MAKO

Easter 3D Art

Post by TimSchubach »

I bought a couple of STL files to use for my church to display during Easter. This was my first foray into using STL files, and I'm pretty happy with the results. I just wish I could create my own instead of buying someone else's.

Station #12
Station #12.jpg
is the twelfth station of the 14 Stations of the Cross. When I bought this one, I didn't realize it was the same file that's part of a set of all 14 stations. The cut model is a piece of Hackberry that came from a locally felled tree that I air dried years ago and was about 10.5" tall, 8.5" wide, and the glued-up blank was roughly 1.5" thick. I used a 1/2" end mill for the rough cut which took about 30 minutes. The 1/16" tapered ball nose took 13 hours for the finish cut, and the 1/64" tapered ball nose took about two hours for the REST finish cut.

Resurrection
Resurrection.jpg
is a depiction of Easter morning, and was cut from a 3/4" thick piece of wormy Birch that was about 11" long and 8.5" tall. The Birch was also from a tree that came down locally and was air dried. I can't lay hands on the time it took, but I think it was about 10h total for the finish cut using a 1/8" ball nose, and the REST finish using a 1/16" tapered ball nose. I didn't use a rough cut.

I mounted both in Walnut frames. The cut models are screwed to a piece of Poplar that was painted black and rabbeted into the back of the frame.

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Re: Easter 3D Art

Post by dwilli9013 »

Very Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

Creation in Wood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Maverick ATC 4x8 CNC