Knife scales

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
ohiococonut
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus HD & Custom built 4x4

Knife scales

Post by ohiococonut »

Somewhere along the way I got sidetracked and gained another obsession, knives. I wondered why can't I create scales using my cnc so I gave it a try with my first knife. I don't make the blades I buy them and assemble them to my liking. I didn't want to screw up a more expensive Damascus blade so I started with a stainless bowie. The looks may not be for everyone but I'm pleased with the results since I've never assembled a knife before. I don't intend to sell them any more than I sell anything I create on my cnc, this is just a hobby for me.
Honest opinions welcome.
Attachments
Bowie side 1.jpg
Bowie side.jpg

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Re: Knife scales

Post by Xxray »

Looks nice to me, I think I'd experiment with textures rather than small nature models.
Doug

ohiococonut
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus HD & Custom built 4x4

Re: Knife scales

Post by ohiococonut »

Thanks Doug.
I've been experimenting for quite some time while I've been gathering all of the materials I'll need. It's proving to be another expensive hobby but I enjoy it! I've have created another half dozen textures that I'll use as some point along the way with several different designs. When you consider all of the types of material that can be used I see an advantage to using Aspire and my cnc. It makes it easier for me to see my mistakes before hand saving me lots of wasted material. I may spend more time in the design phase but that just adds to the fun of it.