Crochet needle box

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
ohiococonut
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus HD & Custom built 4x4

Crochet needle box

Post by ohiococonut »

In an effort to continue feeding my woodworking habits I occasionally have to feed my wife's habits. She's been collecting crochet needles and asked me if I would make her a box to keep them in so I GRACIOUSLY obliged her. If any of you or your wives collect crochet needles I'm sure you know some of these things are expensive!
Anyway, here's what I made her. The wood is Kentucky coffee and walnut. It measures 16x10x6 and should hold her for a while. I didn't want to make it too big for fear she would get the idea she needs to fill it!
The wording on top reads "You can never have too many hooks!" I don't care for the paint scheme but it's what she wanted.
Attachments
Open box 1.jpg

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Re: Crochet needle box

Post by dwilli9013 »

Nice Im sure she appreciated it. Especially like the crochet handle in the front. Thanks for sharing.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

That came out great! I like the cat and yarn carve on the top.

I'm still trying to figure out where the "paint scheme" is. I don't see any paint except maybe the vcarve lettering? Anyway, the box looks wonderful!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Bobtail Farm
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Post by Bobtail Farm »

Been looking for and at "ball of yarn" models. Please, where did you get yours?
Brian.

ohiococonut
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus HD & Custom built 4x4

Post by ohiococonut »

Thanks guys.

Dwayne, I though the handle would be a nice touch. The little knobs holding the needle were the only thing I didn't make on my cnc. I turned them on my lathe and drilled holes through them.

Michael, sorry, that's what I was referring to, the lettering. It was a fingernail paint I used on one of my granddaughters bedroom door signs. "I" would have preferred something else, but she the boss.

Brian, the ball of yarn is something I quickly created for this box. If you want I'll see if I can post it.