Cigar Box gift boxes

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Cigar Box gift boxes

Post by CarveOne »

Here is a jewelry box that is made from a Gran Habano cigar box that a friend and his wife found at a roadside auction shop on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the North Carolina mountains about a month or so ago. They brought me about ten cigar boxes to use for my future projects. This one is for him as a gift. The tray is made with scrap red oak. 6.25" x 7" in size. The box cost them about $4.50 usd. Less than 30 minutes cut time using one tool change. I already gave her one using an Insidious brand cigar box. Didn't take any photos of it though. Hers is slightly larger.

When I delivered her box I told them I didn't like that particular box and wanted to bring it back to them. :wink: :wink: Then I opened the box to show them the tray ...

I didn't mention that I would also make one for him. :) It will be delivered later today.

CarveOne
Attachments
20171124_104152_resized.jpg
20171124_104213_resized.jpg
20171124_104240_resized.jpg
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

bravesoul
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRT ALPHA 48"x96"

Re: Cigar Box gift boxes

Post by bravesoul »

Very cool, resourcing is one thing we should all consider!!.

Joe

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Re: Cigar Box gift boxes

Post by CarveOne »

Thanks very much Joe. Many cigar boxes are very well made, artistic in their own way, and have many art and craft uses even if you have no use for cigars. It's amazing to me the kinds of sounds that they can make when used for making a guitar and played by a skilled musician. YouTube has thousands of videos to listen to.

CarveOne
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com