Business Card Holder

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMMaster Stinger II

Business Card Holder

Post by davemartin88 »

Was asked to make a personalized business card holder for a friend. The one on the right is the free project from the Vectric site made from cherry with a name carved on the front. This was done by making a model of the completed holder using the extrude modeling tool and the front vector from the project for the rail. Then the text was carved on the resulting 3D model. The original holder was cut and glued together, then placed back on the CNC with the front side up which matched the orientation of the model I had made. Didn't have to actually cut the model since the shape was already there, just carved the text. No big deal to more experienced users but this was a first for me. Made a jig to keep,the holder steady while the text was carved that worked well and made it easy to make more of the holders. The holder on the left is a modified version with just a pocket to hold the card, I like this one better but will give my friend their choice.
IMG_1266.JPG

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Business Card Holder

Post by mtylerfl »

Those came out super nice, Dave! Very clever of you to figure out and create the setup for v-carving the names on them!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC