Cheese Boards

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
RobertD
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Centroid Acorn

Cheese Boards

Post by RobertD »

I just completed three of Michael Tyler's designed cheese boards and it was a great experience. The boards are going to the local Kiwanis Club for their charity "Tour of Homes" event over the Christmas Holidays. I want to say how great this project was in two ways; first the design was crisp clean and did not take long to complete and to help out home town charities is what I want to do. Michael thank you for all the effort, skill, and joy you put into these designs it is very much appreciated by all!!!

The cheese boards are made of Maple, Walnut and Cherry. They are all finished with two coats of Tung Oil, and then two coats of Watco satin clear coat. The under side has silicon feet for non-skid/mar protection. I made a slight change in design, and rather than gluing a tile into the board, I cut 1/4 inch blizzard white Corian and fit so that it could be removed for washing. I suggest if your looking for a great project try this one. Next up is the Sleigh/tray also from Michael.

Bob

Cherry
The attachment Cherry Board.jpg is no longer available
Maple
The attachment Maple Board .jpg is no longer available
Walnut
Walnut Board.jpg

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Cheese Boards

Post by mtylerfl »

Thank you very much, Bob. I love your three wood choices and your idea to use Corian and allow its removal for convenient cleaning.

Made my day to see you are not only enjoying this project, but also to know about your thoughtfulness to donate some of your work to charitable causes. Doesn't get much better than that.

Thanks again.

(Looking forward to seeing your next project!)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

Awesome work!!!! The Cherry rendition would be my fav. Nothings beats the heart strings singing as much as when you see your labor and art go to a charitable cause. Kudos and thanks for sharing with us. :lol: :lol: :lol:
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Beautiful work Bob.

I enjoy using Michael's plans, they are creative, well thought out and easy to follow.
John
Maker of Chips

mansav14
Model of CNC Machine: X-Carve 1000mm

Post by mansav14 »

Hello there!

I would LOVE to make one for my mother! I have the project, but not 100% sure how to carry it out. I'm going to export the gcode to my x-carve, but not sure how to do that with changing the different bits. Any suggestions would be wonderful!

RobertD
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Centroid Acorn

Post by RobertD »

mansav14

Not exactly sure what your asking. If you go to the projects of the month by Michael Tyler the complete instructions are there. It will suggest bits to use and once you establish your files and virtually test cut the project to ensure it works properly on your machine you should be okay. Remember to check the post processor and ensure its the one that is compatible with your xcarve.

Hope this helps....more questions pm me at dymock@rogers.com