Kings sized head board.

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
scottart
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro HD and CNCrouterparts 4896

Kings sized head board.

Post by scottart »

It has been a busy summer carving and carving... and carving, so have not posted much.

This is a 74 " Headboard for a king size bed commission I am working on, just off the cnc table ready for detail carving and sanding.. Carved out of Sitka Spruce..
Attachments
king bed headboard.
king bed headboard.

gmmons

Re: Kings sized head board.

Post by gmmons »

Good job, I would like to see it finished.

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

Wow pretty impressive. I also can not wait to see your signature finish. Thanks for sharing.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Looks like it will be great when it is finished. Lots of fuzzies. Is that typical of Sitka spruce?

Phil

scottart
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro HD and CNCrouterparts 4896

Post by scottart »

Fuzzys, yes seem to get fuzzys on almost all Pine and birch. So if you have any hints or methods to avoid that please jump in. I post these just as they come off the CNC table because I kind of interested in how other folks projects come off the table, and what they do while they are still on the table to clean this up..

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

scottart wrote:Fuzzys, yes seem to get fuzzys on almost all Pine and birch. So if you have any hints or methods to avoid that please jump in. I post these just as they come off the CNC table because I kind of interested in how other folks projects come off the table, and what they do while they are still on the table to clean this up..
On birch and most times Aspen I will take a stiff bristle brush and knock them down when the cnc is in another area cutting. Post machining I will again hit it with a stiff brush the a sanding mop for the remaining 220 grit on the mop. It is actually pretty scary looking at it during machining as it looks like a ton of hand finishing but I have garnered pretty good results with my methods. :lol: :lol:
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli