Brass embossing plate - and cheers to Vectric

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ULS M300, Rockler 60th Ann. Shark

Brass embossing plate - and cheers to Vectric

Post by nicksilva »

Hello. this is a brass embossing plate for leather that I cut out on a HAAS CNC vertical mill (the big metal cutting type).
I tweeked the post processor to my liking and was very happy with the results. So yea, you can indeed cut metal using Vectric products.

Let me give a BIG shout out to Vectric. I've been experimenting with several of the big name CAD/CAM products over the last year in an effort to move my work to metal.
Mastercam, other software, SpaceClaim, etc. - NONE of these can handle an STL file without them being first converted to a solid body. These aforementioned programs also CAN'T do a conversion on anything with more than about 20,000 faces. Hint: that's tiny and blocky and unusable and even that can takes hours to convert. Aspire has never had a problem handling my large STL files for cutting in plastic and wood. So now that I can use it on the HAAS as well, the other programs are OUTTA HERE! Well done, Vectric!
FullSizeRender (9).jpg
"Out of my mind. Back in 5 Minutes."

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Re: Brass embossing plate - and cheers to Vectric

Post by dhellew2 »

Nice job.
As long as one has the right post processor, bits, and when needed cooling the file created in Aspire/Vcarve Pro will work. Most of my bits are made for cutting metal and I can tell you they will make accidental cuts through steel hold down clamps :oops:
Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ULS M300, Rockler 60th Ann. Shark

Post by nicksilva »

thank you. FORTUNATELY for me, most if not all of my work is on flat stock so it all works in a vise.
"Out of my mind. Back in 5 Minutes."

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Post by Timvmax »

Mostof my Aspire work is in metal. Wouldn't change for anything