Candlestick phone

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
Phil
Vectric Wizard

Candlestick phone

Post by Phil »

I just completed the Candlestick phone, one of the free monthly projects by Michael Tyer. I decided to place a number dial on the base rather than a clock. I also painted it black for what I think is a more authentic look. Very happy with the plans, and a lot of fun to build. First photo is primed.

Phil
Attachments
Phone A (Small).JPG
Phone C (Small).JPG

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Candlestick phone

Post by martin54 »

Looks good to me Phil :lol: :lol:

I was going to have a go at this project but have been to busy with proper work recently :(

Got quite a list of Michael's monthly projects that I would like to build at some point if I ever get the time :lol: :lol:

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Ya gotta like Mr. Tyler, first he gave us a wooden nickel....now we have a wooden phone!!!!

I keep the wooden nickel bank in my shop...when I hear change jingling in my pocket I toss it in there.

Not sure what I would do with the phone....maybe I could put a fake number on it and pass it out to those annoying tele-marketers?
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

The phone is just plain cool. When I get a call from a telemarketer I'm going to answer on my candlestick. It was one of the most fun projects I've made in a while.
The Buffalo nickel is on my project bucket list. I grew up in Buffalo so I kinda have to do it. Buffalo is known as the Nickel city.

Phil :D

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

My goodness, Phil - what a great job on the phone! Nice touch with the number dial! Makes me think about customizing my clock insert to look kinda like a number dial. Not sure if I can pull that off, but I sure do like the look of having the dial like yours!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23 with Rotary

Post by Mark's Wood Chips »

Phil wrote:The phone is just plain cool. When I get a call from a telemarketer I'm going to answer on my candlestick. It was one of the most fun projects I've made in a while.
The Buffalo nickel is on my project bucket list. I grew up in Buffalo so I kinda have to do it. Buffalo is known as the Nickel city.

You're right, it's just plain cool! It's gotta be a great conversation piece. Good job!

Mark

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

mtylerfl wrote:My goodness, Phil - what a great job on the phone! Nice touch with the number dial! Makes me think about customizing my clock insert to look kinda like a number dial. Not sure if I can pull that off, but I sure do like the look of having the dial like yours!
Thanks, Mike. I don't think it would be that difficult to make a clock face out of the dial. When I designed the dial I arrayed 12 - 1/2" circles and deleted two to get the layout I wanted. Obviously 12 would be perfect for a clock face. I used a Sharpie type plotter pen for the number dial. All that is needed is a pocket for a quartz clock movement. That would make for a nice clock face.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Thank you, Phil! I may have to give it a go!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Looking forward to seeing it.

Phil