Flag & Eagle

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23 with Rotary

Re: Flag & Eagle

Post by Mark's Wood Chips »

duckmanwv wrote:how could i get my hands on the toolpaths you used?
Duckmanwv:

The models are available here https://store.designandmake.com/shop/product/15287. Tool paths need to be generated based on your machine capabilities and available tooling.

Mark

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Post by Todd Bailey »

Thanks Mark's Wood Chips!

You are exactly right - The project is available from the Design and Make Store - https://store.designandmake.com/shop/product/15287
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

cbhelms
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD520

Post by cbhelms »

Mark, your model looks great that you posted. I have a couple questions for you, what is the over all size of your project and what is the height of the finished product. I just purchased the Flag & Eagle and was just checking it out when I brought it into Aspire, I noticed that the finish height was 1.2-- something in height. Did you make yours the same as in the project or did you change it. I want to make a couple of these to take to the 101ST Airborne Reunion at Nashville in August as door prizes or auction.

Thanks,
Colin Helms

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman

cbhelms wrote:Mark, your model looks great that you posted. I have a couple questions for you, what is the over all size of your project and what is the height of the finished product. I just purchased the Flag & Eagle and was just checking it out when I brought it into Aspire, I noticed that the finish height was 1.2-- something in height. Did you make yours the same as in the project or did you change it. I want to make a couple of these to take to the 101ST Airborne Reunion at Nashville in August as door prizes or auction.

Thanks,
Colin Helms
Colin,

I started with a piece of Oak 0.986" thick and set the component properties as shown in the attached picture. I'm still learning about 3D carving and I goofed up the first one I carved. These settings worked for me on the second go around. Hope that helps you.

Mark
Attachments
Flag and Eagle.JPG

cbhelms

Post by cbhelms »

That seems better than the 1.2" that I commented about. But what was the overall size that you made your project. 24 X 24, 20 X 20. The size you made your looks great.

Thanks,
Colin

Mark's Wood Chips
Vectric Craftsman

The blank was 16" x 12.25" and the model was sized to allow for the profile cut-out.

Mark

cbhelms

Post by cbhelms »

Thank you Mark.

Colin