Marking Templates for parking lots

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Marking Templates for parking lots

Post by CarveOne »

Here is something that those of you looking to make money with your full sheet size cnc machines.

A local friend applies black top sealer on parking lots and re-marks the NO PARKING, FIRE LANE< RESERVED, and the handicap symbol with spray cans of marking paint. He asked me if I could make three each of the NO PARKING and FIRE Lane templates. He brought six half sheets for me to use. It takes his son a full day to make and clean up one 3/8" pine half sheet template. I tried it, and I can cut one in about 16 minutes or so using a bosch 1/4" down spiral router bit. Little or no clean up is required.

The photo shows two templates on the machine table. I have modified the Aspire file to use a full sheet, cut two templates, then separate the templates with a profile cut down the middle instead of cutting the sheet on a table saw. The text height is 12.0" and is a modified stencil font.

He says the CNC cut templates have much cleaner edges on painted markings than their hand made templates. (Well, duh ...)

CarveOne
Attachments
20160815_142305.jpg
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com