Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD MAKO

Luther Roses

Post by TimSchubach »

These were a few of my first Aspire projects:
Walnut - 20in diameter
Walnut - 20in diameter
Red Oak - 20in diameter
Red Oak - 20in diameter
I've also made some that are 12in and 10-in diameter. One of my next projects will be to go back and make an inlay version so that I can use different types and colors of wood. When Luther designed his rose in 1530, he specified different colors for different reasons. I'm not sure how I'll do a sky blue, but I can do white, black, red, and some kind of a "gold".

Tim

MTSO
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: salecnc XJ1224

Re: Luther Roses

Post by MTSO »

Wow Tim they look great. Can you tell us what cutter you used, feeds and speeds and time to machine etc. Are you leaving them "raw" or are you applying a finish to them.

regards

Brian

Tundraman
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Techno Isel 3'x4' Gantry III

Post by Tundraman »

Those look very nice! They are great for any project, much less your first.

One way to get sky blue and real red is to use aniline dyes on some light wood like maple, etc. to get the colors you are looking for. There are many colors to chose from and can be done light hues to very intense depending on how it is applied. Then cut the inlays using the dyed wood. There is a lot of information online about how to use them and color options.

Good luck,
Scott

mikeacg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger, Sidewinder, SB 4x4

Post by mikeacg »

Tim,

They look wonderful! The first project I ever tried in Aspire (back in '08) was a Luther Rose for the ends of the pews in my church. I really had almost no clue what I was doing (and there were no tutorials back then) but was really happen with the way it turned out! Aspire is amazing!

You are well on your way!

Mike :D
Attachments
LRose.jpg