I started a new carving Friday for a donation to our local Symphony. They have a "Symphony of Wines" fund raiser. So i thought Music and wine.
This is two 24x 48 x 1" panels glued together to make a 2" thick slab. So in Aspire I designed all of this as 48" x 24" x 2" carving....
But when I glued up the panels, ( after I applied glue), i noticed that one of the panels was off square by about 1/2" inch. Net net I had to reduce the design to 23.5" x 47.5". No big deal.... except...
So I did a rough cut with a 1/2" end bill, (45 minutes), than a 4.5 hour finish cut with a . 25 ball mill. all was well.
Than I decided to rope off the grapes and leaves and make another carving pass with a .125 ball mill to pick up the deeper detail of the grapes.......
Problem is that I used the original Model that was 24" by 48", and not the resized 23.5" x 47.5" model. I had saved all the components in that size, so it was easy to rope of certain areas for a detailed carve. So if you look close at the top set of leaves and some on the left side, you will see where the .125 ball nose went outside of the target area and punched lots of holes.... So next week end is hole filling detail.. And that is one more .. .... how I screwed up story..
The cnc also carved the Violin heads and arms. They will get attached and fitted into the carving frame next weekend..... after I plug and manually carve out the holes..
- wine and song carving