Cigar Box Guitar - Sign

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Cigar Box Guitar - Sign

Post by CarveOne »

The guy who had me make a Signature Dogs sign for his business had another interesting project in mind last week. He likes my cigar box guitars so much that he wanted a sign that looks like one of the guitars. (Ok, I like a challenge if it is something different.) This is what I delivered today. I'll work for hot dogs, no problem. :)

The flat red oak board has two of the 3D modeled hot dogs from his first sign project cut separately, painted, then glued to the flat board. The tailpiece is made of three galvanized nails, the frets are 14 awg copper wire, the tuners are 1/4-20 wing bolts and nylock nuts, the fret board is 1/4" thick bocote, and three left over guitar strings. Fret markers are my usual fired large pistol primers.

His reaction to this sign was worth making a video ... [Big Grin]

CarveOne
Attachments
20161212_102530.jpg
20161212_102522.jpg
20161212_102511.jpg
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

maineshops
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home built

Re: Cigar Box Guitar - Sign

Post by maineshops »

Thanks for sharing....fun project
I'm starting on a cigar box guitar using a #5 shaker box. Hope it comes out as well as yours. dan

maineshops
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home built

Post by maineshops »

Thanks for sharing....fun project
I'm starting on a cigar box guitar using a #5 shaker box. Hope it comes out as well as yours. dan

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Post by CarveOne »

Thanks Dan,

The CBG builds are fun, and I'll keep making one once in a while. There is lots of info out there and videos to watch. There are sites dedicated to them. Any decent wooden box should make an acceptable sound - and piezo kits are easy to install if it needs amplification. They aren't expected to sound like high end acoustic guitars anyway. Post whatever you come up with.

CarveOne
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com