Thanks Tom, i always enjoy hearing from you and Mike as well.
This is how I matched the profiles:
1. Create a bounding vector around the desired face. (make sure to cut this as thin as possible)
2. Take the right side profile (this example) and clip the left side span from it.
3. Use that profile with the 2 rail sweep.
4. Cut away the section that is not needed.
5. Create the rest of the model.
6. Develop the toolpath strategy and cut away.
Note: You can use the top down approach too.
1. Using the main body/component select the measure tool icon.
2. Within that popup window select Model Cross-Section (at the bottom).
3. Follow the on screen directions
4. Clip away the end vectors to the desired height.
5. Create your profile.
6. Again clip away the excess.
I like to use this feature to match components that have varying profile.
One more thing for both processes. Rotate the vectors 90 deg before creating the 2 rail sweep.
Again this project has a lot going on and all of the features within Aspire made the job go easier.