My latest project

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
jjb640
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built

My latest project

Post by jjb640 »

Hi all,
I just completed another picture frame. I'm trying to make things that are original and that you don't see everyday. I also just ordered new leadscrews and nuts to speed up my home made machine. Right now, it runs at a breath taking 19.04 ipm... After the upgrade i'll be able to run at about 80 ipm. That way I wont be so hesitant to include more 3D in my projects.
I have over 11 hours of machine time in this project, but soon I'll do it in about 2hours and 45 minutes. I can't wait!
Thanks for looking!
Jim
Attachments
Not a real good picture
Not a real good picture

esteeme1
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Cobra 404 ATC; ROMAX WD-1; Shark

Re: My latest project

Post by esteeme1 »

Hi Jim,

Before I read your post the first thing I thought was "how original". So I would say you have accomplished one of your goals. Matching the carvings with the miter cuts must have given you a lot of grief. Do you have any scaling secrets you can share?

As for speed I find that I stay in the 60-65 ipm. I'm sure my machine can handle the stress of higher speeds but I find that the trailing edges tend to get smeared when the bit drops in elevation. I'm not sure but think it has something to do with my dwell setting. It doesn't much matter I always say quality before speed.

Back to your frames I'm sure it will look great on any mantel or wall. Thanks for posting it/them.
Jim Darlas
"Can Do!"
http://www.esteemedwoodcrafts.com/
http://www.esteemedplaques.com/

jjb640

Post by jjb640 »

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your comments!
As far as the corners go, I assembled each frame and then machined it, so there were no tricks to lining it all up.
The frames are each suspended in the center at the top and bottom so they swivel. They will work as a picture frame or as mirrors.
Thanks for looking,
Jim

rrrevels
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rrrevels »

AWESOME! I realy like the frames. The idea, layout and carving too.

Russ
CAMaster MC3050-R w/steppers and Mach3, Aspire 8.02 D&C Series 1A &1B - Wildlife Scenes

JDJones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by JDJones »

Great work, I may have to "borrow" some design info here :twisted:
Keep on posting, that's how we learn from each other.
James D. Jones

jjb640

Post by jjb640 »

James,
Feel free to "borrow" away. It's a good project, and not too complicated. Just one screw in the top and bottom of each frame to hold it all together, and they swivel to!
I'd love to see what you come up with.
Jim