Here is the latest Aspire project created for you (for February 2011), and is available as a free download
, courtesy of the fine folks at Vectric!
It's a fun project that expresses to a loved one how he/she has captured your heart! This project was originally created with Valentine’s Day in mind, but it is perfectly suitable for many other special occasions such as a wedding proposal, a wedding anniversary celebration, a birthday, or simply “just because”!
This unique decorative item features a ‘captured heart’ suspended from a golden chain inside a wooden cage structure with the V-carve lettering phrase “You’ve Captured My Heart” encompassing the circular base. The overall finished dimensions of the assembled project are about 7" round x 8½" tall.
• I modeled all components using Aspire 3, then copied/pasted each component into the final layout where I then calculated the toolpaths, etc. All parts (except the dowels) are carved/cut from a single board measuring 0.75" x 11.2" x 22". I used a ShopBot PRSAlpha BT32 to run this project.
Here’s what I used on my own “You’ve Captured My Heart” project made from Select Pine:The Heart:
• Minwax Sedona Red stain #222
• 5 coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Gloss Acrylic spray
• 2 coats of Finishing Wax (paste wax)The Top, Base and Dowels:
• 1 light coat of thinned Bullseye SealCoat
(2 parts sealer/3 parts Denatured alcohol)
• Minwax English Chestnut stain #233
• 3 coats of Krylon Crystal Clear Gloss Acrylic spray
• 2 coats Minwax water-base Satin polycrylic (brushed)
• Gold Rub-n-Buff to accent portions of top and base
(after final assembly)The Four Wooden Feet and Screw Eyes:
• Krylon Metallic Brilliant Gold spray paint