need help!!!!!

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
demented

need help!!!!!

Post by demented »

I'm trying to cut a lithopane. When I attemp to cut it my machine cuts on an angle. I have an accu cut model 510 with a Persky spindle. It seems to do this on any thing I try to cut. I have attached a jpg. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
litopane.jpg
Dream Dreams so that you may do!

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Re: need help!!!!!

Post by calgrdnr »

Howdy Demented, if we get it wrong are we in serious trouble :lol:

if you could please, post your crv . ? that should help us figure it out .
do you have photoVcarve . I can not see in your picture what you mean by cut at an angle . in PVC I set it to cut a 45 degrees as long as your step over is low you will not see the machine marks.

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Your question is a bit short on information. Since you posted it in the Aspire, I'll assume you used Aspire to create the cut file. If that's true you must have created a 3D finishing toolpath and you must have selected a raster machining strategy. In raster machining you can select any angle you want. If none of my assumptions are correct then you'll need to add some details.

demented

Post by demented »

I am using Aspire. When my machine starts cutting it starts at .030 but within an inch it has cut through a piece of 1/8 inch material. I'm using an 1/8 inch ball tip bit. I have the speed set at 10 inches per minute on an 11x14 image.

demented

Post by demented »

no there is no punishment for being wrong. I am very new at this and just looking for some help.

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard

Post by calgrdnr »

We still need more info . if you can post your aspire file it would help eliminate that as a problem . ( haven't seen it be a problem yet ) are you sure you are not losing steps ? do you have this issue cutting anything else ? if you don't want the world to see your file send it to the support peeps at vectric . good luck keep use posted

demented

Post by demented »

Yes it does this on everything. I have managed to cut only two samples. I have had the program for only two weeks.

demented

Post by demented »

I'm having trouble posting the file.

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard

Post by calgrdnr »

Sounds like you have a mecanical problem. ie losing steps. I suppose that it could be post processor , that someone else will have to help you with . I am going to PM you with my email address if you send the file to me I will look at it . or as stated you could send to support@vectric.com ( think thats right)