Component parts and pieces

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
tgm
Vectric Craftsman

Component parts and pieces

Post by tgm »

I am finally getting to use Aspire to do an actual job today and I found myself wishing for one thing...a component library of parts and pieces, in my case here some ivy leaves and a few roses. I am making them as I write this but since I am the engineer type and not the artist type, its been taking me a while.
Just as we users and forum board members share files and other information, wouldn't it be neat to have a library of misc parts to use as needed.
Bear in mind I am not talking about taking business away from James, you never bite the hand that feeds you, so to speak, but just a file library of some commonly used items such as leaves etc that would aid the 'challenged', such as myself, in completing projects just a little quicker. I am just trying to not 're-invent the wheel'.
Maybe I'll get quicker as time goes on.....never quite as good as James though, which is why even with Aspire by my side, I will always remain a loyal customer.

Just a thought for the artistic group of these forums.

Thanks guys,

Tom in PA

cleenrmn
Vectric Apprentice

Re: Component parts and pieces

Post by cleenrmn »

hi tom id like to see it to the only problem 3d files take a lot of space we tried it in cut 3d and everybodys question was file size

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Post by cabnet636 »

isn't it possible to capture parts and move and save as in a library from existing 3d files?

jim
James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

cleenrmn
Vectric Apprentice

Post by cleenrmn »

HI JIM YEAH IT IS POSSIBLE BUT EVEN THE SIMPILIST OF FILES ARE LARGE

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

If you scale a component down in size, say to a 1/4". Then you can probably get it under the file size limit. I tried this with a regular sized component with a file size of 4.8 MB.
After scaling it down, it was at 1.8MB. I then zipped it up and took it down to 1.1MB .

We can start a free file section and post things that have been modeled up from scratch, The normal copyright rules would apply of course, just like in the "free crv section' that was started way back when. If you wish to share a component that has been only extruded, then a EPS with the details would suffice. I think this would be a good learning tool for those of us who struggle to draw stick men. :P

Chuck

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

If you scale it down to 1/4", then save it, and load it into a new part and scale back up, do you lose quality? Because Aspire is resolution based.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

ger21 wrote:If you scale it down to 1/4", then save it, and load it into a new part and scale back up, do you lose quality? Because Aspire is resolution based.
Your absolutely right Gerry.
I had to try it, and the 3D component showed up as a smear.
So shrinking 'em down and blowing them back-up will not work. If we are to share components, we will have to do it another way.

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

Hi folks, :D

I have registered a site called "www.3dfilesforfree.com" where we can share our 2.5 and 3d files. This is not set up yet, hopefully I'll get it going at the weekend. People can send files to be included and they will be uploaded within a few days.

To protect myself, and because its only fair, no copyright or legally protected files will be allowed. Also, no files containing copyrighted material, like a crv3d file with a VA3D component will be allowed. No registered trade marks or logos.

But if its your own design, you can share it. :D