Weave affect to Vectors II

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
Marko74
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Weave affect to Vectors II

Post by Marko74 »

Pehaps I spoke too soon in my previous post, because I am still having problems. I used the Celtic Weave Gadget to create a rectangle weave and cut it into my oval. But when i tried to extrude through the weave tool, some of the vectors generated the 3D weave and some did not. So, in desperation, I went with a rectangular Celtic Weave and was able to generate an appropriate looking Weave effect viewed on the 3D screen. Then, when I went to create toolpaths using the 3D Toolpath the software isn't seeing the vectors or something. I have tried selecting the vectors, selecting the whole component. I have put the Weave into its own layer and tried selecting all vectors on that layer to no avail. I keep getting a warning box that says, "3 open vectors were identified in the selection and are being ignored. There are 0 remaining vectors". What am I missing here?

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: Weave affect to Vectors II

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Create the weave and rotate it to any angle. Then create an ellipse and use it to clip the component and to limit the 3d carve. The example is too big to upload so here is a link. The vectors are on layer2 (hidden).

If you can, post your attempts. Then we can all help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_dybhT ... sp=sharing
Attachments
Clear area tool.jpg
Selected Vector.jpg
Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Weave affect to Vectors II

Post by Adrian »

Marko74 wrote: I have tried selecting the vectors, selecting the whole component. I have put the Weave into its own layer and tried selecting all vectors on that layer to no avail. I keep getting a warning box that says, "3 open vectors were identified in the selection and are being ignored. There are 0 remaining vectors". What am I missing here?
If you're toolpathing using the 3D toolpaths then it's the component you want to select. You only select a vector with the component if you're using the vector to limit the scope of the 3D toolpath in which case it must be a closed vector. Most of the time setting to Model Boundary is all you need.

Doing a weave toolpath is no different to any other 3D toolpath. A component is a component. Any of the 3D toolpathing tutorials will show you the steps.