PhotoVCarve

Post by Aintright »

Is this App worth the $$$$

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: PhotoVCarve

Post by Adrian »

If you've got Aspire I'd say no as you can get the same output from Aspire as PhotoVCarve it's just that the process is different.

Otherwise it's an impossible question for someone else to answer as they have no idea how much use you would make of the software. Cut one thing a year and it's probably not worth it to you. Make 20 a day and sell them and it's the bargain of the century.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Is this App worth the $$$$
The best way to answer that is to download the trial version and run some of the samples provided and finish them.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Just to add to what has already been said, I think it will also depend on what material you are looking to cut & how you finish once the carving has been done.
For me personally it wasn't great BUT that has nothing to do with the software what so ever, I could never get the results I was looking for which was down to my finishing & nothing else. Finishing is something that I am not that good at & I think you need to be reasonably good to get the best results from photovcarve. I know it is me rather than the software because if you look through the photovcarve gallery there is some fantastic work so clearly it is me rather than the software :oops: :oops: