Glue on objects!

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Glue on objects!

Post by seabreezr »

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I have a question for all.. I was just curious if your making a sign and you have some 3d's on it, would you just glue them on the sign or actually cut out with the sign? if this makes since. For example you have a shell, would you cut it out on the sign or do this separate? 8)

Thank you all for your time,

Smiles

mfirlott
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Stinger 1 (2014)

Re: Glue on objects!

Post by mfirlott »

I actually do two different ways depending on the effect I want to achieve. I have never simply glued the 3D onto the sign but I'm sure that works too.

I will cut the 3D out of the same piece of wood as the sign. Either leave as is (same colour) or paint it like a raised letter maybe.

At other times, I cut the 3D from a different wood like maple (for white) and cut a matching pocket into my sign (like walnut) and then inlay and glue the 3D into the pocket.
(Mitch)
CAMaster Stinger I
Vectric Aspire
Epilog 45watt Helix Laser

seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Post by seabreezr »

Thank you for your response it all makes since.. I am not sure if I want to cut out the 3d from different wood and glue on or just cut the sign with the 3d. So much thinking lol..

Thank you,

Smiles :D

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Like Mitch I don't have just one way to go about things like this, a lot comes down to what you are trying to achieve & that will vary from job to job, if its a job for a customer then I will talk to the customer & work out a design brief with them, from that I will have a good idea how I am going to go about manufacturing the signs for them. It helps to get a good idea about the customers budget before you start designing anything, saves you spending time designing a $2000 job when the customer only wants to spend 50 bucks :lol: but it can also work the other way where you design something cheap & chearful & the customer is happy to spend serious money for the right job.
Most customers want the world but not all are prepared to pay for it :lol: :lol: