I could use some help with this 3d texture file

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
knighttoolworks
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shobot 48x96

I could use some help with this 3d texture file

Post by knighttoolworks »

I do so little 3d sometimes a year between them that I forgot how to do most things. I need to get the texture to cut at around 1/4" to 1/2" but its way deeper then that and my brain cant remember how to fix it. I always struggled with depth when I used 3d.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmtxrppditqdl ... crv3d?dl=0
IMG_1154.jpg

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: I could use some help with this 3d texture file

Post by garylmast »

Change the components to Add instead of Merge. Bake, then change the the height with the component property (crescent wrench icon). To change the smoothness, use the smoothing filter (icon next to crescent wrench).

Gary

knighttoolworks
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shobot 48x96

Post by knighttoolworks »

I think I am missing something. I took the whole texture model and did the 3d cut on it and it shows only .48 cut depth thats good. but if I use vectors to only cut the parts I want it shows 1.2 depth. I have the boundry offset set to 0 so the bit should not be plunging down at the edge. I even gave it a negative number.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Not quite sure I'm following what you are trying to achieve, but to get the desired height, go into Component Properties and set the height. If you want all of them the same, Highlight all the components at the same time, then set the height.

Gary
Attachments
Capture.JPG