toolpath vectors

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
christo
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom

toolpath vectors

Post by christo »

Is there a way to recover erased vectors from a toolpath... or convert a toolpath into vectors?

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Re: toolpath vectors

Post by ohiolyons »

Besides the undo function, No. The undo function only works to the last save or how many undo allowances you set in the preferences.

In the future you should take advantage of the increment and save option. It is not unusual for me to increment and save 10-20 times on a really complex project.

Another tip is I never delete anything that went into the creation of a project. If there is a lot vectors and clutter becomes an issue I move them to a new layer and then make invisible. Clutter gone but vectors at the ready in case of Murphy's law.
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Re: toolpath vectors

Post by ohiolyons »

If you have Aspire you get vectors back on 3d components on a component by component basis. Provided you have not baked multiple components together. If you have baked them, then the resulting vector is an outline of baked components.

Select each component and go to the Model Tab, Create Vector Boundary from selected Components. This will give a vector for each component, but other info that created that component will be missing (height, angle, tilt, fade, base height, etc).
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio