Adding tools to Aspire

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
JONESY604
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AutoRoute Pro 8

Adding tools to Aspire

Post by JONESY604 »

Hello all. I have been adding my new bits for my cnc to Aspire software. I must have added about 20. I used the add new function at the bottom of the tool list and on the right side when the new screen appeared I selected the bit type from the drop down menu for new bits. I then added the information and pressed the apply button. While the program was open the new bits were there but once I closed the program and then reopened it all of my 3 hours of work was gone. It was as if I had never added anything. Am I missing something or is there a fix for this. I followed the lesson exactly after watching it twice.

Help Please.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Adding tools to Aspire

Post by mtylerfl »

Double check your bit list. I don't see how the bits you added could have disappeared on their own like that.

Check in each of the group headings (if there is a "plus sign" beside the group heading, click on it to expand the contents of the group so you can see what's in it). I'm thinking (and hoping) the bits are still present, but in a group you didn't expect
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

JONESY604
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AutoRoute Pro 8

Post by JONESY604 »

Thanks. I also asked the Vectric people. They informed me to check in the properties of the Aspire icon to verify that (run as administrator) was checked. It wasn't so I checked it. I also found that after entering each tool prior to selecting (run as administrator); that I had to enter <ok> for each tool. This worked and I spent more time entering tools. I thought at the time that the user could enter all of the new tools and then hit <ok>. That was not the case. Now I have selected (run as administrator) and will see how that goes. I greatly appreciate your help; and the help of Vectric people. Thanks for answering a newbie question. We all have to start somewhere right!

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Thank you for the follow up on this. I thought by clicking on the Apply button after each new bit entry was sufficient to add a new bit (which you mentioned you did).

I didn't realize (or maybe I forgot) that the OK button had to be clicked after each individual entry to "lock it in". Like you, I probably would have added a bit, clicked Apply, add the next one, etc., then clicked OK when they were all done.

So, thank you again for the follow up!

P.S. - I always run everything As Administrator. Avoids all kinds of road blocks.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC