Can't see vectors under completed 2 rail sweep

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
Kevin Nelson
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built - Platform Prototype

Can't see vectors under completed 2 rail sweep

Post by Kevin Nelson »

Need help with what I'm sure is a simple setting in Aspire. I'm working on some of my first 2 rail sweeps. Once the sweep is generated I want to trim the sweep to the selected vector for that sweep. The problem is the vectors are hidden under the sweeps grayscale image. The 2 rails are visible at either edge of the sweep but I can't successfully select the vectors under it. In the Banner 3Dmod video, the grayscale sweep image looks to be transparent, the vectors are visible. Mine is solid. I must have missed something. Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Can't see vectors under completed 2 rail sweep

Post by Adrian »

I've never had that issue but I think there are three things you can do to get around it. One of them should sort it out.

The first is to select the greyscale image in the 2D window and right click. Choose object properties from the pop-up menu and you can set the fading of the greyscale for when it's not selected.

The other thing is to use the Move To Front/Move To Back commands on the same menu to move the display order around.

Finally if neither of those work you could use a right to left sweep of the mouse (with the left button held down) in the area where you know roughly where the vectors are. That will select any vectors that the boundary box touches.

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Kevin,
Could it be that the vectors are on one layer and the new two rail sweep component is on another?
See attached pictures.
Michael
Attachments
2 rail sweep 1.JPG
2 rail sweep 2.JPG
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Post by zeeway »

Unclick the 3d images, then click the profile vector, then make the 3d images visible and click them; then do your toolpath for the profile cut.

Angie

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Put your vectors on one layer, and your models on another (different) layer. If your vectors are obscured by your models just change the layer order using the up/down arrows in the Layer window until you see your vectors on top of your model greyscale display in the 2D view
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC