Aspire 8 and Cut3D

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Aspire 8 and Cut3D

Post by seabreezr »

Hi all,
Hope all is doing good and getting ready for the winter.
Here goes, I have Cut3D which I don't use anymore. I have aspire 8, now the question is I had done some 3ds in Cut 3d that I finally got to and now I would like to use. I am having a had time getting them into aspire 8. I did look on here but really couldn't find anything. If you have the time could someone tell me or show me how I could use these files for my aspire 8?
Thank you all,

Seabreezr--Donna

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Aspire 8 and Cut3D

Post by Adrian »

You need to import them. Start a new job in Aspire and then use File menu/Import/Import Component 3D Model or use the icon that does the same thing on the Modelling tab.

seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman

Post by seabreezr »

Hi and thank you for responding to me.
I have tried that. It doesn't even show up in files when I go in aspire for new and go into models. If it does it comes out partial of the 3D and have no idea why. All my other 3Ds will show up in files but not if it comes from Cut3d.
Now I don't use cut3d anymore since I have aspire 8. I read here that he/she sold it. If anyone has can you tell me for how much and how? It is actually not that old as well, I should have not bought it but I didn't realize I was going to get aspire. Thank you,

Seabreezr :D

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Is it Cut3D files you're trying to load or 3DS files? They are two different things.

If you want to load a Cut3D file (*.v3d) then you need to import it as a toolpath from the "File/Import/Import PhotoVCarve, Machinist, Cut3D" option

seabreezr
Vectric Craftsman

Post by seabreezr »

Adrian,
I am so sorry that I did not respond sooner, way too long. So, I just want to say thank you for your time I tired that and it worked, Hooray.. lol
And, thank you all for responding as well.
Have a great week,
Seabreezr, Donna