How to search the Aspire PDF Reference Manual ???

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
Dave Van
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's CNC Evolution 1

How to search the Aspire PDF Reference Manual ???

Post by Dave Van »

The Vectric Support Web Site FAQ says there are two ways to get help from the PDF Document that comes with Aspire.

The first way is to click the "Help" menu item. That pulls up a PDF manual organized by sections and topics. That method of finding information about Aspire is not searchable, although a handy feature is to click on a screen icon and it will jump to that section.

The second way is to open the PDF Reference Manual available in the the Aspire Program reachable through the Windows Start button. According to the Vectric FAQ, the PDF Reference Manual is searchable.

Does anyone know how to search the Reference Manual by keyword? I feel dumb because I can't find a search bar or any way to search the Reference Manual. What am I missing? Thanks! -- Dave

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: How to search the Aspire PDF Reference Manual ???

Post by Adrian »

Depends on the PDF reader program you're using. It's the search facility within that that you need to use. For most pressing Ctrl-F or F3 will bring up a box in which you can enter what it is you're searching for.

Dave Van

Post by Dave Van »

Wow - Control F worked like a charm. Pulled up a search bar at the top of the Vectric PDF document and I found what I'm looking for. I'm using Adobe Reader XI to view the PDF.

Thank you, Adrian! You just proved an old dog really CAN learn new tricks! Really appreciate your help!

CharlieP
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Saimsmart CNC

Post by CharlieP »

Hello Dan,

In the current Adobe PDF reader, the help document has an interactive image on the first page.
You should be able to click on the icons in this image and be taken to the relevant section to view details about the icon.

You can then press HOME on the keyboard to return to the first page.

As mentioned by Adrian, Crtl+F will also bring up a text box you can use to search for particular words.

This may not be the same in a third party PDF viewer.

I hope this helps.

Dave Van

Post by Dave Van »

Charlie, thanks for taking time to help. I really appreciate it.

I am using the current version of Adobe Reader but I don't find an interactive image anywhere. What would it look like?

I am using Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Fortunately I'm a better woodworker than computer operator for what it's worth.

Thanks again! -- Dave

CharlieP
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Saimsmart CNC

Post by CharlieP »

Hello Dave,

In the Reference manual the contents page (from Page 3-7) is also interactive, and you just need to click on the relevant heading to be taken to that section.
For a more detailed search, the Crtl+F is still a good way to search though.

Dave Van

Post by Dave Van »

Thanks for the info, Charlie. I did not realize the table of contents is interactive.

When I have a good idea what section I should be looking in, I simply go to the "Help" item in the Aspire menu. That PDF is completely interactive and is very helpful. I love the way it lets you click an icon and takes you directly to that section.

Where I have been running into problems is when I need to find out how to do something but didn't know what icon to look for or what section to look in. All I know is a word that describes what I am looking for.

That's where the Aspire Reference Guide is helpful now that I know how to click Control F to pull up a search bar. Then I can search by key word.

I can't say enough good things about Vectric's tutorials. Their programs alone are outstanding. The documentation, video tutorials and support forum put it far above and beyond anything else on the market, in my opinion.