The all new "Round Corner Drill"

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
gordread
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Professor HDX

Re: The all new "Round Corner Drill"

Post by gordread »

Those are pretty amazing. Do you take custom orders? I need a ball-nose for milling some edging on a set of cupboard doors. :)

I've not yet had any success in making one with the techniques that you have identified. Mine always seem to break when I run it into the clamp. What RPMs were you using? Maybe I just had it spinning to fast. The evidence of my attempts appears very plainly on my clamps.

Gordon

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

gordread wrote:Those are pretty amazing. Do you take custom orders? I need a ball-nose for milling some edging on a set of cupboard doors. :)

I've not yet had any success in making one with the techniques that you have identified. Mine always seem to break when I run it into the clamp. What RPMs were you using? Maybe I just had it spinning to fast. The evidence of my attempts appears very plainly on my clamps.

Gordon
Are you using the right bits Gordon, you need to be using HSS bits to manufacture these. Carbide bits are to brittle & will just break. Find some really cheap naff bits & then you can probably make these quite easily :lol: :lol: :lol:

gordread
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Professor HDX

Post by gordread »

martin54 wrote: Are you using the right bits Gordon, you need to be using HSS bits to manufacture these. Carbide bits are to brittle & will just break. Find some really cheap naff bits & then you can probably make these quite easily :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhh, that must be it. Most of my bits are Freud Carbide or are PrecisionBits. I'll have to find some at the bargain bin. :P