Bing Box Changes

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
gmmons

Bing Box Changes

Post by gmmons »

I have changed or Eliminated the base of the box and used 1/4" fiber board recessed for the bottom. For the feet I used 20mm wood beads from the local hobby store and filled the hole in the beads with a 5/16" dowel. The feet now have a #4 3/4" screw extended from one end of the beads which is used to secure the 4 feet to the box. I attached the lid to the box with a Brass piano stop hinge (200mm x 9mm) I purchased from Wood Craft. Needless to say I like the looks of the redesigned Bing Box. Future boxes that I make, the short side of the sides will be extended to 1/4" inch (Same as the opposite end of the box) to give it additional strength. I will post a picture of the box when I get one made out of Walnut and the medallion will be either bleached Sugar Maple or a white "Inlace" (used in wood turning).

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Bing Box Changes

Post by mtylerfl »

Have you finished your Bling Box? I'm on the lookout for some photos of your project mods (which sound great)!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

gmmons

Re: Bing Box Changes (REDUX)

Post by gmmons »

I'm an "Old Goat", not much into social media. So I thank you for your interest. I have a Shark CNC and set my Z axis or cut depth to +.022 or a little over 1/64 of an inch starting cut depth and it accentuated the lines that were used in drawing the design in the lid. I really like the results and think I will keep it in mind in cutting out other projects. I made a total of 6 boxes to give to my girl friends (my grand daughters) for Valentines Day, Oh yes one is for my lovely wife of 47 years.
Attachments
PICT0284_edit.jpg
PICT0285_edit.jpg

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Bing Box Changes

Post by mtylerfl »

WOW! Outstanding job, and each one will be treasured by the six lucky recipients for a lifetime, I'm sure! Thank you for sharing your technique and the photos.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC