To zero plane or two zero planes?

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
meadowridge
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan

To zero plane or two zero planes?

Post by meadowridge »

I have been asked to create an award for an organization.
What they want is at the top a 3d banner where the awardee's name is engraved on the top of the banner. Then in the center of the award put a dish with the organizations logo which is the state and a bee centered over the top of it. Vcarving a date on the state and text around the logo dish. In reviewing the tutorial videos I can see that I should use a zero plane to locate the dish and it's components and the banner will need to reference a zero plane as well. Do I need one zero plane for the banner 3d clipart going above the level of the plane and another zero plane for the dish and it's components or can both reference the same zero plane? What if I decide it might look nicer for the bee carving to be proud of the zero plane defined for the dish? Does that create additional issues? I realize I may be overthinking this but thought I would see if anyone has been down this path and has any suggestions on pitfalls I may encounter. Thanks in advance for any help that may be provided

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: To zero plane or two zero planes?

Post by highpockets »

You should only need one Zero plane.

Have you looked at the Magic Beans Coffee Sign and Shell Sign tutorials?
John
Maker of Chips

meadowridge
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan

Re: To zero plane or two zero planes?

Post by meadowridge »

Okay Thanks, I found one of the magic bean sign videos and the golf ball sign, will take a look at them.