Flourish 3D designing

This section is for useful tips and tricks for Aspire
abdul basit
Model of CNC Machine: flat bed and rotry cnc routers

Flourish 3D designing

Post by abdul basit »

Hi
I am abdul basit I purchased Aspire v8.0 for designing of flourishes and the available videos are not helpful for me kindly guid .
Best regards
abdul basit

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Flourish 3D designing

Post by Adrian »

These tutorials will show you the basics of what you need to know for that type of modelling. If you can provide more information about what it is that you don't understand there are many 3D experts on the forum who will be able to help.

http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... 3DMOD.html
http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... _DRAW.html

abdul basit

Post by abdul basit »

Thank you friend
These all tutorials are basic I need more help for 3D type flourish designs,How I will get help about my problems.
Best regards
abdul basit

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You need to say what it is you're having problems with. What part of the process is it that you don't understand?

Those tutorials show exactly the tools you need to create a 3D flourish.

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Post by CarveOne »

There are many kinds of flourishes, and there are tools in Aspire that will work best for one type of flourish, but would not be ideal for others. How the vectors are drawn will also determine which tool is preferred.

Can you post a link to the style of flourish you want to model, or post an image (or vector drawing) as an example for us to help you with?

CarveOne
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

CarveOne
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home built designs - 3'x4' and 5'x12'

Post by CarveOne »

Here is a simple flourish made from closed vectors that works for V-carving, and can also be used with the Create Shape from Vectors tool. The two flourishes and the text were done using the Create Shape from Vectors tool, then adjusting the model height to make it like I wanted it to look.

CarveOne
Attachments
Zoey Pbox Top - Close-up View.jpg
CarveOne
http://www.carveonecncwoodcraft.com

abdul basit

Post by abdul basit »

OK Thank you
I attached some pictures and I want to made 3d design by aspire v8.0 which I purchased.
IMG_20150816_141557.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20150511_153742.jpg

GeneMpls
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PRS Buddy48alpha ,4x6' 130w laser, Wazer

Post by GeneMpls »

Replicating existing objects is often a long process- for these you should build small elements and then assemble them. You got several flourishes with your clipart collection, I would start with a similar flourish and try to modify it to a piece of what you need. This will give you an idea of how the programs and tools work. If you have not done this before I would plan on spending significant time on this project as it will take some trial and error. The pict below illustrates how I clipped a flourish apart and made more pieces to make a frame. Gene
Attachments
3D Scraft swoosh creenshot.15.jpg

abdul basit

Post by abdul basit »

Ok thank you!Actually i have a huge demand of flourish kind of designs as i have three CNC wood carving machines. I am waiting for your detailed guidance,
I would be very grateful to you.
Best Regards
Abdul Basit

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Post by Mike-S »

Review the four tutorials Adrian referenced. You have a very complicated flourish that needs to be broken down into basic shapes. Then those can be reassembled into a full design. You can then re-use the basic shapes for other designs. This all takes time and an understanding of the software.
Attachments
leafflourish2.jpg

abdul basit

Post by abdul basit »

Thank you so much
I know that this type of designing takes time and i hope I will make this perfectly by the help of my forum friends and learn successfully.
Best regards
abdul basit

abdul basit

Post by abdul basit »

Hello friends waiting for your reply in the shape of lessons............. :( :roll:

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Abdul, I don't know where you're located, but it would be better for you to be able to sit with someone who has experience with the software and can give you the lessons you are looking for. It is probably unrealistic to expect that the forum participants will be able to give you step-by-step training to create your flourishes, as they are very complicated and involve most of the techniques in the software to create. My advice to you is to work on:

1. How to draw vectors well. It is nearly impossible to do 3d modeling in Aspire without drawing the proper vectors
2. Getting familiar with each of the modeling tools, especially the 2-rail sweep.
3. Starting small with a small flourish and working your way up from there.
4. Learning how to combine things.
5. Learning to be efficient by reusing a model through copying, mirroring and distortion
6. Learning to use the sculpting tools
7. Learning to cut existing models included with your software into pieces and recombining them into new models
8. Learning to place fluting paths on a carving using "Project toolpath onto 3d model"

Some specific techniques that are useful in creating flourishes are 2-rail sweeps with multiple profiles (i.e., a start and end profile - you can also put profiles in the middle). Another helpful technique is creating a larger shape than required to get the general contours of a shape, then using the "clear area of selected component outside selected vectors" to "cookie cut" the final shape.

The forum has lots of information already available- I know much of it is buried in old topics and may be hard to find, but be persistent with the search function and you may discover a number of interesting techniques. There are people who do give one-on-one training - I have done it on occasion for a fee. It is much more difficult to do in a written medium like this forum. Face-to-face training is far more effective, if it is available to you. It will take a few hours to get through all the techniques required. In the meantime, focused experimentation on your part will go a long way towards helping you learn the software. Again, pick something small, like one leaf from your flourish, and if you hit a snag then ask us a question. You are far more likely to get a useful answer to a targeted question than with a scattershot request.

Regards and best of luck in your business,
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

abdul basit

Post by abdul basit »

Thankyou so much for the cooperation actually this conversation also helping me to lorn about software.
I have a question that if i will show a picture and ask about a specific marked point that not i am able to make this then the forum friends will give me hints?

Best regards
abdul basit

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Yes, if you have a specific question about how to make a particular item, I imagine that you will get helpful input.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost