Ran my first program, having some newbie problems

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
lazaffair
Vectric Apprentice

Ran my first program, having some newbie problems

Post by lazaffair »

Hi all, I finally got around to programming a simple hole drilling file for setting up hold downs. I didn't like the way the toolpath set up but went with it. The path had several rapids built into it even though it was a simple 2" matrix of 20x26 inches. Maybe it was how I inputed the holes? I know in CorelDraw you have to be very specific in the order when cutting vectors. First question, can you manually drag the toolpath lines to new positions if you don't like the pathing? Second, due to the rapids in the middle of the matrix I lost steps, creating a mess. Where do yo limit the rapid speed in Aspire? I am using Mach3 to drive the steppers.

Thanks

Jerre
2x5 CNC router, Taig CNC Mill & Lathe, Epilog32 Laser, Tajima M Emb, Jaguar II Vinyl, NH T1510

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Re: Ran my first program, having some newbie problems

Post by calgrdnr »

Welcome Jerre, to the wonderful world of CNC and Vectric .

You adjust your rapids in Mach3 , Sounds like you may need to tune your motors, if you are losing steps during rapids. Get out the manual for Mach3 go to the tuning section,it is easy . also Mach3 has a great forum also
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index. ... r9vl7lhk1&

good luck, hope to see you posting work soon.

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Hi Jerre, as Kent noted, Welcome to the forum,
After you have made sure your settings in Mach3 set correctly.
You can also adjust the move and rapid feeds rates for your tooling in the tool database in Aspire.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

Hi Jerre,
You can change the start position on your vectors and this may help you organize the sequence of the toolpath cutting to some extent. Use the 'Node editing' option, select the node you want to make the start point, right click and choose 'Make start point'. Also when you select a tool from the tool database during the toolpath creation, you will see all the options for RPM, feed rate, and plunge rate.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

Post by Greolt »

RoutnAbout wrote: You can also adjust the move and rapid feeds rates for your tooling in the tool database in Aspire.
Feed Rate and Plunge Rate can be set in the tool database, however rapid speed is dictated by your machine controller.

If you are missing steps or losing position, then revisit the motor tuning in Mach3.

Greg