EZ Router users

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Larry Elliott
Vectric Apprentice

EZ Router users

Post by Larry Elliott »

Anyone using an EZ Router brand CNC should be aware of a bug in the post processor that comes with the EZ machine and should not use that one with Aspire or V-Carve, use the PP that comes with the Vectric programs listed as "Mach2_3_ATC_Arcs_inch.pp" instead.
I found this by accident yesterday while trashing out a sheet of PVC. I had used the specific PP for the EZ since setting up the router last year and never had any problems, then yesterday it seems it didn't like the toolpaths for a particular job and put a bogus Z position right at the end of the first tool and plunged the bit 1/4" deeper than my pocketed area. I raised the router made my bit change, reset my Z-zero and started the second toolpath, only for it to plunge back to the negative Z depth and run a cut across the material to the X0,Y0 to start the profile cut. After checking in the G-code I found that the EZ Router PP had not taken into account the safe Z plus material thickness. The PP that comes with Vectric worked fine, I checked the G-code and the right Z position was in there and the job continued. I'm not putting down EZ Router, I like the machine, it's build like a tank and for a lower priced machine, works well and only minor adjustments every now and then keeps it cutting true.
Larry,,,,
Elliott Sign & Design
http://www.elliott-design.net
West Tennessee, USA