Projecting Vcarve onto model

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
wcarrothers
Vectric Wizard

Projecting Vcarve onto model

Post by wcarrothers »

Just was wondering... see the couple attached pics.. I have a design (which is to big to post) But has 1 section where when calculating the tool path it screws up. But a small adjustments in the nodes to the one triangle adjusting it's Bezer line setment, Just tweeking it a little and re-calculating it clears it up.. Please see pics..

Hate to seem like I'm nit picking and know a lot of complex things are going on when calculating and of course we should always double and tripple check the preview for things like this but with just a nudge of the bars for that bazer line completely clears it up. So curious why it would react like that.

Image 1 is the tool path lines how it orignaly calculates. Image 2 is me adjusting the baser nodes just a bit and image3 is the correct re-calculate. Then 4 is the right way and 5 was how it was orignaly going to do.

b.
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg (7.58 KiB) Viewed 773 times
Image5.jpg
Image5.jpg (7.83 KiB) Viewed 772 times

wcarrothers
Vectric Wizard

Fixed.. Thanks vectric support

Post by wcarrothers »

Ok...

Well as I figured and as it seems to turns out.. Things that happen always have reasons that make such perfect sense with the software.

Less then perhaps 30 min. I have reason and soloution from vectric....

Now looks like I might have fallen pray to some very small loop in the very corner of that particular shape.. If I zoom way in on the vectors 2 of the node points are real close and tweeking the bazer handles in the second "fixed" one moves it just enough so the loop is unlooped....

Something ya just need to understand and I suppose should admit I have not spent enough time behind the wheel of aspire to automaticly just know this.

Thanks Tony...

b.