tool data

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
john teichman
Vectric Apprentice

tool data

Post by john teichman »

does anyone know if you can transfer tool data from v-carve to aspire by drag and drop or some other way without a big mess or losing one or the other by going to programs file folders and doing it there? John

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Re: tool data

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi John,

You can copy the Tool Database from,

VCarve Pro > C:\Program Files\VCarve Pro 4.6\ToolDatabase\tools.tool_db

Aspire > C:\Program Files\Aspire V1.0\ToolDatabase\tools.tool_db - replacing the original

Tony

bsilva

Post by bsilva »

It it possible that it's under a different name and another folder in some cases? Say after an upgrade?

I have VPpro4.601 and have created dozens of custom tools that I use frequently. However, when I look at the file: C:\Program Files\VCarve Pro 4.0\ToolDatabase\tools.tool_db, the file is dated June 19th 2007 (Roughly when I first installed VCP). (Also, I upgraded from VCP 4.0, hence the directory name). When I copy this file to the Aspire ToolDatabase directory (after backing up the original), sure enough in Aspire I only see the basic tools.

Also, I searched my entire C: drive for the file tools.tool_db and only found the expected ones in the VCP, Cut3D, PhotoVCarve and Aspire program directories. In all cases, there is only the one file "tools.tool_db". I also searched for *.tool_db, no others found.

Oh yes, just to be complete, the C: is the only drive in this computer and I verified that the VCP that I run is in the "VCarve Pro 4.0" directory.

Help!

Thanks,
Brad

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

bsilva

Post by bsilva »

That did it. I am running Vista and sure enough the Vista "VirtualStore" hid the file for me.

As a computer professional, I hate OSs that hide details from me (CNC is my side job).

Any chance Vectric will come out with a Linux version? ;-)

Thanks again.

Brad