resolution of models

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
LT985

resolution of models

Post by LT985 »

Hello everone, I've been lurking around here for a few years with very few posts. Most of my questions are answered by a quick search of the forum. I'm just starting to try to make my first model. It is a police badge, and I was thinking (maybe wrong) that I would start by making it very large so I could get lots of detail in case I ever need to cut it extra large and for small versions I would just let some of the detail drop out because of size of bit I'm using. So I started by making a 3 inch badge into 100 inch model. There is a eagle with its wings spread out on the top half. When trying to model the bigger feathers the resolution is not good. Acording to Aspire each feather is 2 inches wide and 10 inches long but when I go to use modeling tools on them to smooth them out they are pixelized and only 4 or 5 pixels wide. Hope this makes sense. Can someone tell me what is going on? I'm at work now so I can't attach the file or a screen shot. Thanks, this is a great forum for a great software...

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Re: resolution of models

Post by BrianM »

Hi,

Hopefully the PDF attached in this post should answer your questions.

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4393

Brian