Edit menu undo function shows wrong operation

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
AJF
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSstandard 48x96
Location: Hamlet of Mt. Lorne outside of Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada

Edit menu undo function shows wrong operation

Post by AJF »

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this error in the edit menu. I’ve noticed when I copy an object whether it’s vector or a grayscale object and then decide to undo the operation the copy operation is actually listed as a move. When it first happened, I thought I had mistakenly done a move and not a copy. However, I tried it several times and it always lists a copy as a move in the undo function.

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Re: Edit menu undo function shows wrong operation

Post by RoutnAbout »

I normally do the cntl+Z to undo.
  • 1.)But I did selected a component. right clicked, copied and pasted.(didn't move it)
    Looked at the edit menu and the cntl+z was Undo Copied Component
  • 2.)selected a component. clicked twice until bounding box appeard. press & hold CNTL down while using the mouse to move selected component. (this makes a copy)
    Looked at edit menu and the cntl+z was Undo Move.
  • 3.)Selected coponent clicked twice until bounding box appeard and then moved with mouse.
How are you doing the move/copy?
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

AJF
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSstandard 48x96
Location: Hamlet of Mt. Lorne outside of Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada

Post by AJF »

When I first noticed this I was going through the Eagle Head tutorial and was actually following the instructions to copy a grayscale object (which is the second method you indicated in your reply). I wanted to repeat the procedure, to insure I understood what I was doing and that was when I noticed I was undoing a move and not a copy, which made me think I had done something wrong even though it looked correct on the screen and the tutorial had called the procedure a copy not a move.

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

[*] 2.)selected a component. clicked twice until bounding box appeard. press & hold CNTL down while using the mouse to move selected component. (this makes a copy)
If you use the Drag with control method, you are creating a copy and then dragging it (moving it) into the required position. The last operation was the move, so this is why the undo operation show undo move. As the two operations were performed together they will be undone together.

Brian

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

BrianM wrote:
[*] 2.)selected a component. clicked twice until bounding box appeard. press & hold CNTL down while using the mouse to move selected component. (this makes a copy)
If you use the Drag with control method, you are creating a copy and then dragging it (moving it) into the required position. The last operation was the move, so this is why the undo operation show undo move. As the two operations were performed together they will be undone together.
Brian
Thanks Brian, thats what I was trying to say.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don